I suggest you ...

Maybe a bulk delete?

A lot of my errors (Over 4k) were because of an app I tried out briefly but in that time I had it enabled Google crawled the blog and the bazillion tags and articles. Even though the app is long gone I'm still left with tons of errors for an Anything Indie blog and instead of wasting my re-directs on a blog that still produces errors and won't seem to go away I'd rather just delete all re-directs to the Anything Indie blog and have Google eventually drop the blog since it's non existant.

Trying to delete over 4k redirects one by one isn't an option for me. Just a suggestion! :)

24 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AndreaAndrea shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RobertRobert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agreed! This would be very helpful. We uploaded a lot of incorrect redirects (had product vs. products in the link and had to delete individually. I didn't see the comment from the admin until we deleted about 600 of them one-by-one. Lucky we still had 2,000 more to go so we can have them bulk delete the rest from the backend.

• AlphonseAlphonse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are facing a similar issue and we have about 8K directs and most of them pointing to the home page. Looks like we were better off giving a 404 error as per the latest video from Matt Cutts (especially for an e-commerce site). How can we do this?

• AndreaAndrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh Thank you Alex! I have a ton of re-directs for blogs/anythingindie/ and I hate wasting all those re-directs on something that only existed for 1 day as a try out. :) Any reference to
        blogs/anything-indie/ I would like deleted.

• Alex MarkovAdminAlex Markov (Founder, Aleksandr Media) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll have to think about how to accomplish this, so I am going to set this to "under review" status for now.

However, I do have the ability to bulk delete redirects from my side. If you can tell me the criteria for deletion I can do this for you in my backend environment.

Alex

Feedback and Knowledge Base